A woman commented that her life seemed like a rollercoaster ride -- wonderfully high one minute, only to plummet to a desperate low the next. She expressed her desire to have her life "even out" into a more flat pattern, and her friend, a nurse, told her, "Life is like a heartbeat. The highs and lows are what keep you alive. The real time to worry is when you flatline."I sure hope this is true, because it seems like my highs and lows are inevitably paired. So, maybe I really just need to focus on being grateful that I'm alive and not flatlining!
Highs this weekend included:
- My wonderful, amazing, super duper fun baby shower for the twins! We had a great turnout, and it was so nice to just relax and enjoy the company of my friends and family. The highlight of the day for me was a rousing dance routine to Justin Bieber's "Baby" by my two sweet nieces, Evie June and Ellie Lou, with a cameo by my little monkey Ilaiasi!
- A surprise visit from The Great E-I-E-I-O and my marvelous Mom to help me clean out and organize my craft room (you'll probably remember from former posts that I refer to this room as "The Abyss." It's not QUITE done, but you can now see the majority of the floor, most of the craft supplies are in the appropriate bins, heavy and bulky items have been moved to the closet shelves, and I don't feel claustrophobic just walking into the room anymore!) In particular, I thoroughly enjoyed watching The Great E-I-E-I-O scream with wild abandon and attempt to make a somewhat quick getaway when a gigantic tree roach (who no doubt escaped from the heat of the garage to the coolness of our home during one of our laundry excursions, as our washer and dryer are in the garage!) charged her as if leading the cavalry to battle. Trust me, it was HILARIOUS!
- Ovaka is no longer running a fever. This is a GREAT blessing! I felt so sorry for my poor little runt. He had an upper respiratory infection and viral tonsillitis, and was super pathetic and droopy for almost a week. He is back to his giggly, curious, obstinate self, much to his mother's relief!
- Missing church on Sunday...various reasons, none of them good.
- Finau working insane hours...it happens every summer, and I know it's coming before it actually happens, but it always stinks -- more so when you have a sick fat baby and a recommendation from your doctor not to lift anything heavy.
- Less-than-stellar participation for the first giveaway. I contemplated whether to add this or not, but, as I stated in my "about me" information on the side panel of my blog, I am documenting both the ups and downs of this little venture, and I think it would be remiss of me to sugar coat it. So, yeah, I'm a little disappointed by the lack of interest. I don't really know what I expected, but I'll be honest and say that three participants is not really what I envisioned. However, there are still 4 and a half days left in the giveaway, so I suppose it's possible that we'll have a big surge of entries. If not, better chances for the three who did enter, huh? See...there's always an up side!
Q: What's brown and sticky?
|(These earrings are available in my Etsy Shop, and are just a little |
distraction in case you want to take a guess at the joke's answer before seeing it!)
Hehehe...I don't know why, but that one cracks me up every time. Ok...I think that's about it for today. Hope everybody has a terrific Tuesday! If you haven't entered the Giveaway yet...it's not too late (Make sure to comment on the Giveaway thread, not this one)!! ;)A: A STICK!