Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Extreme Fatigue

HOLY MOLY, I AM SO RIDICULOUSLY TIRED!!  It's insane.  Walking from my car to my front door completely wipes me out.  No, really...I feel like I need a 2 hour nap after going anywhere these days.  It's both mind-blowing and frustrating, and the most disturbing part for me is that I have ABSOLUTELY NO CONTROL over the situation.  Going to bed earlier doesn't fix it.  Resting for an entire day doesn't fix it.  Long baths, elevated legs, cool temperatures in the house...nope, nope, and nope.  Nothing fixes this, and the logical part of my brain understands that this is my life from now until the twins are born.  However, the impatient, irrational, annoying part of my brain just wants to feel NORMAL again.  Not amazing.  Not even great.  Just NORMAL.  I want to be able to do the dishes without having to stop a minute and a half into the task for fear of contractions starting up.  I want to be a fun mom that takes my boys to the library or the pool or even for a walk around the block.  Heck, at this point I'd even settle for being able to lay down flat on my back without wondering if the pressure is going to make me black out!  But, it is what it is, and I know that it will all be worth it in the end.

Ok, now that my little pity party is over, can I just say that I have the MOST WONDERFUL MOM in the world?  And, yeah...Bryan (my step-dad) is a keeper, too.  I'd be completely lost without them.  Seriously.  My mom has come in and taken over and been the "fun mom" that I can't be this summer.  As I type, she is at the pool with my two little monkeys giving them the love and attention and FUN that I can't.  Ilaiasi asked me yesterday, "Mom...do you think I could do SOMETHING tomorrow?  Because, like, I'm pretty much a COUCH POTATO.  Did you notice that?"  AAHHH...knife to the heart.  He's exactly right.  I'm turning my kid into a couch potato.  So, THANK YOU MOM AND BRYAN for stepping up and giving my kids the summer they deserve.  I love and appreciate you guys so much!

The upside of this sedentary life is that I have all the time in the world to sit and come up with ideas for my Etsy shop.  I've thought of some pretty interesting jewelry ideas, if I do say so myself, but I haven't tried them all out yet, so we'll see if they actually look like I envision them once they've been made.  I did make a bracelet this morning in the wee hours before dawn when I couldn't go back to sleep after Finau left for work at 3:00 a.m.:


What do you think?  I kind of like it, and figured I need to remind myself of all the LOVE I have in my life...especially when I start thinking I should pout about all of the things I can't do right now.  At the end of the day, I'm pretty lucky.  Maybe my next bracelet will say "Lucky."

I also added a few new items to the shop today.  I've been in a bracelet mood, I guess, because 2 of the 3 additions are bracelets.  Again, my Etsy Shop can be found at www.etsy.com/shop/thepinkpersimmon:

This is a SUNNY SWIRL bracelet with funky square glass beads.  It's fun and bright and makes me happy.

Here's another bracelet.  The stones are wrapped with silver colored wire and put together with swirly wire accents.

And, finally, this is a little pendant necklace made of copper wire wrapped around a riolite faceted stone on two brown cords.  The wire has been hand-hammered and I'm pleased with how it turned out.

Oh! Before I sign off, I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU one more time to all those who participated in the Giveaway this past week.  It was a lot of fun for me, and I think the next one will be even better!

4 comments:

carterpolo said...

I want that bracelet! I want like twenty of them! The love one....it's brilliant. Love, Triss

Unknown said...

I LOVE the "Love" one too!

Sunny said...

LOVE your new stuff! Especially the words, you could probably do -numbers too which would be fun (think anniversary dates, high school sports numbers, etc.) Oh - even high school initials with the school color beads - fun idea! My word verification is "poeverio". From the latin roots for "Poet" and "verio" meaning truth. So, truth poet. Totally made all of that up, but it sounds a little believable, right?

ProudMomma said...

I loveee my mom too! she is such a big help. (from babycenter)