Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pictures of the Girlies, and other unrelated rambles...

Well, thought I'd put up a few pictures of my girlies for those of you who aren't facebook friends of mine.  They are getting HUGE -- both are around 10 pounds now -- and are just starting to make eye contact for long periods of time.  I think they'll start intentionally smiling any day now, and I can't wait for that!  They hold their heads up pretty well, and are starting to get curious about the world around them.  It's like a circus trying to get my millions of babies into the car so that we can go anywhere, but I have been venturing out more and more, and I'm getting pretty efficient at loading 3 babies, two apnea monitors, two strollers, a diaper bag, and my purse into the car by myself.  Anywhooo...without further ado, here are my sweet girlies in their fancy Halloween spider hats my Aunt Vigdis made for them.  Girls are so much more fun to dress up than boys!!

I found these adoreable Halloween sleepers, and was so excited that they had both orange and purple because they match the spiders perfectly!

Here they are in their little white dresses...I had to put them in these right now before it gets too cold and they grow out of them!

I love this picture because Kamila looks nervous about the big yawn going on to her right.  :)
Kamila looks a lot like my little sister Sunny to me in this one.

I like this one...cute little snuggly girlies.
So, in other completely unrelated business...have any of you watched Oprah's Life Class on her new OWN network?  I've been watching it every night for the last week and a half, and I'm absolutely LOVING it.  For those of you who haven't seen it, you should definitely check it out.  Oprah shows clips of people she interviewed on her old show, and then explains what life lessons she has learned from them and encourages the viewers to look at their own lives and apply the lessons in order to "live the life they were meant to live."  I find this immensely intriguing on several levels.  Truthfully, I think part of it is just that right now I am completely starved for adult/non baby-related conversation, but it's more than just that.  I love the idea that every person has an individual purpose for being here on the earth, and that it's your job to figure out what that purpose is and then live it to the best of your ability.  It's gotten me thinking about my own life, and wondering what exactly I am "meant to do" with it.  Honestly, I think right now I'm doing exactly what I'm supposed to be doing in this phase of my life.  With so many little people who need to be fed and changed and loved, I don't have a whole lot of time to devote to much else, but I know that this stage won't last forever, and I'm looking forward to exploring my options and seeing where they lead me.

Ok...last, but certainly not least of the schizophrenic ramblings that compose this post...let me fill you in on what's going on with my Etsy shop.  Basically, a whole lot of NOTHING!!  Come on, people, three infants here, remember??   Hahaha...no, really, I am just starting to get back into jewelry-making mode, and I'm excited about that.  My mom's work is having a little pre-holiday craft fair at the end of the month, and I'm going to make some stuff to sell there, so I'm looking forward to that.  I've got some new ideas marinating in my brain, so as soon as I make some new jewelry, I'll be sure to post pictures.  Until then, you'll just have to put up with me posting millions of pictures of my cutie pie kiddos.  Here's a few more for the road:

My baby train -- taken in the lobby of my doctor's office at my 3 week post partum check up.

The madness that is now my bed...too many sleeping babies!  They sure are cute, though!

My sweet big-eyed Ovaka.  This is his "Come on, Mom...do I look like someone who would slap my sister's head repeatedly?" face. (And the answer is YES.)

My big helper Ilaiasi.  He's had a rough time since the twins were born: first stressing out about them being in the NICU, then feeling left out and a little overlooked, now feeling a little resentful about having to miss out on things because I can't physically drag so many kids all over the place by myself.  I love this guy so much, and I hope things get easier for him soon.  He's such a great kid.

No comments: