Thursday, June 30, 2011

My Silly Grandma and WhoopDWhoop...

This picture is for those of you who read my inagural post.  Here's my sweet, funny, ornery, wonderful Grandma with her treasured red shoes.  How could you not just adore this woman???  Just thought I'd share for those of you who might be interested in seeing a picture of her.  Oh, and while I'm at it, let's reminisce for just a moment...
My Grandma always had the funniest, most random little rhyme-y sayings.  My favorite?
"Sing at the table and talk in bed, the Devil will get you before you're dead!"
Man, I miss her.  What a goof.  :)

On a related note, I've decided I'm going to start naming my jewelry and classifying them by style.  So, in honor of my Grandma, I've decided to call my first "style" of jewelry the JUNE collection.  I'll make all of my JUNE collection rings, necklaces, bracelets, and earrings in this triple-swirly style:


What do you think?

Anyway...anybody ever heard of the site "WhoopDWhoop"?  It's kinda fun.  Sunny, who I shall henceforth refer to as the "Expert In Everything Interesting Online" (or, the Great E-I-E-I-O, for short), introduced me to this site.  It's basically a sort of online barter bazaar where you go and list any handmade item you create and assign it a "whoop" value between 1 and 5 (The Great E-I-E-I-O and I have decided that we will be calling the values "points" rather than "whoops," because, let's face it, "whoops" just sounds ridiculous.  And we are SO NOT the ridiculous sort).  Anywhoo...so, you create your stuff, give it a value, and then wait for someone to "buy" it by giving you "whoops" that they have accumulated by making and "selling" their own junk.  Hm...are you following me?  Because I know what I'm trying to say, but as I read back over this, I'm not sure that YOU'LL know what I mean.  Well, bottom line: it's fun.  I listed an item to swap, and if you're still not sure what I'm talking about, go to the website and check it out for yourself:
http://www.whoopdwhoop.com/ 
If you're crafty, post something and maybe I'll whoop you.  Or whatever.  WHOOP! There it is.

1 comment:

Micky said...

Oh Kalani, you crack me up!