Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Oh My Goodness...Tomorrow I Will Officially Be A Mother of Four!!

Well, guys...this is it!  Heard back from the doctor, and my girlies are being induced tomorrow.  I'm going to be honest and say that I truly believed they were going to come in and tell me that I'd be going home tomorrow morning, and I'd have a few more weeks -- a few more days, at the very least -- to prepare for the arrival of my TWO NEW BABIES!!  Holy moly!!  It's still a little unbelievable, and I'm freaking out just a bit.

My boys came and visited me, and Ilaiasi was SO, SO excited when he left.  Man, I love that kid.  He is SUCH a good son, and a GREAT brother, and I can't wait to see how he interacts with the girls.  He does a great job with Ovaka, and I expect he'll be just as wonderful with the girls.

And then there's my sweet baby Ovaka.  As I looked at him tonight and realized that at some point tomorrow, he won't be my "baby" anymore, I felt a little sad.  He's a funny little boy with so much personality already, and I can't wait to see how he reacts to having two more little runts in the house. 

Wow.  By this time tomorrow night, barring a hideously long labor or something like that, I'll most likely have doubled my number of children.  Unbelievable.  It's such a humbling feeling to know that I'm going to have the privilige of being a mom to two more sweet babies.  I know it's going to be hard.  Really, REALLY hard.  But I'm super excited and up for the challenge.  And I'm SO excited to have my body all to myself again...it will be really nice to be able to do all the things I haven't been able to do for the past 8 months, and I can't wait to be able to be a better mom to all of my kiddos.  It will be wonderful when I don't have to be a "couch potato" anymore!

Well...I guess I'll try to get some rest now.  I'm super excited, so I don't know if I'll be able to sleep, but I know I need to try.  I have a feeling this is probably one of the last nights of uninterrupted sleep I'll have for a LONG while, so I'm going to try to savor it.  And I'll leave you with a picture of my two sweet sons...soon to be big brothers to two sweet sisters!!

1 comment:

Jana said...

Oh my goodness!!! Good luck, Kalani. You will be in our prayers. So exciting! We are here for you when they come too if you need anything at all- ever.